MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO START THE NURSE PRACTITIONER (NP) IN CRITICAL CARE POSTGRADUATE RESIDENCY PROGRAM..
Hello Dear Nursing Student.This is Good News for All Nursing student that INC have Finally Starting The Nurse Practitioner Course for Nurse. INC has launched Guidelines for Nurse Practitioner Course. You can Read All Guidelines and Minimum Requirements For Nurse Practitioner Course before You apply for This Course.
You can Read Nurse Practitioner Course Guidelines From Here
For More information and Details Guidelines for Nurse Practitioner Course please Visit Official INC websites at www.indiannursingcouncil.org
📖MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO START THE NURSE PRACTITIONER (NP) IN CRITICAL CARE POSTGRADUATE RESIDENCY PROGRAM
The Nurse Practitioner program in Critical Care is a residency program with a main focus on competency-based training. The duration is of two years with the curriculum consisting of theory that includes core courses, advanced practice courses and clinical courses besides clinical practicum, which is a major component.
The program prepares registered BSc nurses for advanced practice roles as clinical experts, managers, educators and consultants leading to MSc Degree in critical care Nurse Practitioner.
On completion of the program, the NP will be able to:
1. Assume responsibility and accountability to provide competent care to critically ill patients and appropriate family care in tertiary care centres
2. Demonstrate clinical competence / expertise in providing critical care which includes diagnostic reasoning, complex monitoring and therapies
3. Apply theoretical, patho-physiological and pharmacological principles and evidence base in implementing therapies / interventions in critical care
4. Identify the critical conditions using differential diagnosis and carry out treatment/interventions to stabilize and restore patient’s health and minimize or manage complications independently or collaboratively as a part of critical care team
5. Collaborate with other health care professionals in the critical care team, across the continuum of critical care.
Minimum requirements and guidelines for starting Nurse practitioner in Critical Care postgraduate residency program -
The institution wishing to start NP program must accept the accountability for the program and its students and offer the program congruent with the INC standards. It must fulfill the following requirements.
NOC (No objection Certificate/ Essentiality Certificate from State Government will exempted for the following organization:-
1. Institute already has BSc (N) or MSc (N) program recognized by INC.
2. If they have DNB program, NOC will not be required
The hospital should be a parent tertiary care centre, with a minimum of 200 beds.
💉ICU Beds -
The hospital should have a minimum of 4 ICUs namely medical ICU, surgical ICU, cardio/cardiothoracic ICU and Emergency care unit with a minimumof 5 beds each and total of 20 beds (adult and pediatric beds).
👥ICU staffing in clinical area
1. Every ICU should have a charge nurse with BSc or MSc qualification.
2. The nurse patient ratio should be 1:1 for every shift for ventilated patients.
3. For the rest of ICU beds the nurse patient ratio should be 1:2 for every shift.
4. Provision of additional 45% staff towards leave reserve.
5. Doctor patient ratio can be 1:5.
1. Clinical area: Full time qualified GNM with 6 years of experience in critical care nursing or B.Sc with 2 years’ experience in critical care nursing or M.Sc with medical Surgical Specialty with on one year critical care nursing experience (One faculty for every 10 students).
2. Teaching Faculty: Professor/Associate professor- 1(Teaching experience- 5Years post PG), Assistant professor- 1 (Teaching experience- 3 years post BSc).
3. The above faculty shall perform dual role or a senior nurse with MSc.(N)Qualification employed in the tertiary hospital.
4. Preceptor student ratio- Nurses 1:10, Doctors 1:10.
🏩Physical and learning resources at hospital/college
1. One classroom/conference room at the clinical area
2. Skill lab for simulated learning (hospital/college)
3. Library and computer facilities with access to online journals.
👤 Student Recruitment/Admission Requirements
4. E- Learning Facilities.
1. Applicants must possess a registered B.Sc.nurse with a minimum of one year clinical experience, preferably in any critical care setting prior to enrollment.
2. Must have undergone the BSC in an institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
3. Must have scored not less than 55% aggregate marks in the BSc program
4. Selection must be based on the merit of an entrance examination and interview held by the competent authority (Refer Syllabus for List of equipment for ICU, log book, clinical requirements, and standing orders)
To Download Complete and Detailed INC Guidelines for Nurse Practitioner Course please Click Below link to Download Pdf
Post a Comment
Please Write your Comments Here